Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Today Jory is 9 1/2 months old. YIPEE!!!! Time sure flies when you're having fun. Two months from today, my Tigger will be 5.

I remember the first time I saw Xavier. He was this little baby almost four months old. I remember how he and I spent his first Easter. We were at Aunt Maecine's wake and he woke up hungry. We were sitting in the front of the chapel in the funeral home and his mom was sitting in the back. I didn't want to be rude by walking all the way down the aisle to the back of the church so I went out the side door closest to me. We go through the door and end up in a hallway. Most of the doors in the hallway led to offices. I called out but no one was around. So I see the exit sign at the end of the hallway and head for that. I open the door and am greeted with April showers. Tigger only had a thin blanket wrapped around him, not nearly enough protection from the rain to make the long walk to the front entrance of the building. And secondly, I had just got my hair done.

Xavier through it all was being a real trooper. He was awake, but wasn't screaming at his auntie that she hadn't gotten him to his food supplier. So I turned back around and decided to check the other closed doors. One led to the bathroom and the second to the coffin showcase room. On a rainy, stormy, humid Southern night, Tigger and I walk through the coffin and as I discovered urn showcase room because I saw a door on the other side of the room. And sure enough the door led to another entrance to the front of the morturary home where his mom was waiting for us. And what was the first thing out of her mouth, "What took you so long?". I just smiled and handed her the baby.

No comments: